- Write down which books are in which box. You should also write a certain number for each box (e.g. Books 1) so that on moving day, you wont leave any behind by accident.
- Make sure you don't overload your box's. Its better to have less books in every box and have to carry more box's that to have one burst open en route to your new home.
- Tape the bottom of every box about 3 times to ensure that there will be breakage of the box.
- If you have valuable books, line the sides of your box with bubble wrap and cover the books in a cloth or towel. This can and should be done with less valuable books as well.
- Pack larger books (coffee-table books) on the bottom of your box horizontally, and all other books with their spines facing downwards.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Heres something you might not have thought too much about; moving your books. While it may seem like an easy item to pack, books can be easily damaged and lost in the packing mess. Heres a set of tips on moving said books: